The Nut House has moved to a new url. Please update your bookmarks and links and come check us out!


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Today is my dad's birthday, Happy Birthday Dad!

I love Spring Break! I love having my kids home with me, with nothing to do but have fun and hang out. I am so Thankful for a lazy week with my kids. We are having a bit of a heat wave this week and Spring Break has a bit of a Summer Vacation feeling, it is going to be hard to get back into a school schedule next week.

As much as I complained about it before, I really do love my new computer and have had a great time with it this week, I am Thankful to my husband for talking me into getting it!

All the rain from the past couple of weeks mixed with this weeks hot hot days has set the stage for blooming flowers and budding trees. My wild violets are blooming and taking over my gardens and yard, they are so beautiful! Daffodils and tulips are brightening up my yard, the dogwoods are blooming and the greens from my irises, hostas and lily of the valley are coming up all over the place. Spring has sprung and my yard is coming to life. I am Thankful for the beautiful colors of Spring!

My windows have been open most of the week, it did get too hot and I had to turn the AC on a few times for a bit, but for the most part we have fresh air blowing through my house. I am Thankful for Fresh Air!

I am Thankful for bite sized Easter candy, silly kids who make me laugh, baby babbles that catch my attention and hours of excitement shared with my Little Nuts on the Wii.

As always, I am Thankful for my happy, healthy, wild little beasties that run around my house all day long driving me crazy, I am Thankful that my husband has a job, we have a roof over our heads and for our wonderfully supportive group of friends and family and all the ways they help us.

So what are you Thankful for today? It is so easy to join in and tell everyone.

Here is how Thankful Thursdays works:

1. Post your Thankful Thoughts on your blog. Somewhere in your post please mention Welcome to the Nut House and/or http://ourhappynuthouse.blogspot.com/ so that your friends, family and visitors know where to find other Thankful Thoughts. You can also grab my Thankful Thursdays banner and link to that. Once you have done that you can come back here and add your post to MckLinky.

Not every one has a blog, so:

2. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a Thankful Thoughts comment in the comment section.

3. You can show your Thankful Thoughts any way you like, as a list, as a story, as one word, one sentence or just a picture.

Have fun!



2 comments:

marlenebarber said...

Thankful Thursday....what an awesome idea! Always good to be reminded that there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

Thankful for:
*Air conditioning in Arizona
*my Bicycle which not only gives me exercise but creates it's own Breeze in the process.Blogs to read. :)
*Crafting, Cardmaking, Cuttlebugs and Children who are nearly grown and make me proud.
*Disneyland vacations. Decorating on a shoestring. (Thank you Ross, Marshalls, Target and the Kohl's clearance racks!) the az Diamondbacks and my Daughter who is interning for them this season.
*Extra time for crafting at this stage of my life...
*Friends! Family get togethers! <3 Fast food on a day I don't Feel like cooking! Facebook.
*Grey hair....and the freedom to finally feel like I don't have to color it every 3 weeks! Grilling out.
*my Husband! (31 years and counting!)
*the Ideal Internship for my sports fanatic daughter. go dbacks! go becky!
*Jeans that are broken in. new Jewelry.
*Katy, the Kid that spent the first 5 years of her life hangin' out with mom at home.
*Lunch with a friend. being the Librarian at church. my Lazy-girl chair. :)
*My Mail lady who always has a smile on her face!
*getting my Nails done. :)
*Organizing. (sometimes one drawer at a time. love the feeling when something if freshly Organized!)
*fresh Paint! (Picking Paint for my livingroom as we speak!) Pedicures. Planting flowers.
*Quilts that grandma made.
*Rolling on the floor laughing at a family get together. Reading. Rolling suitcases.
*Sharp Scissors. colored Staples. Shopping.
*iced Tea.
*Ursula....the name my oldest daughter chose to name the new baby in the family. (that was 17 years ago and we went with katy instead!) :)
*Vacation! our Vizio flatscreen tv for watching moVies.
*Winter in AZ. the Weather is perfect!
*my kitchenaid miXer.
*Yearly easter egg hunt. (and Young people to hunt for eggs!)
*Zipper accessories. (oh why did i throw away the Zippers in my sewing stuff? such cute Zipper stuff out there!)

trooppetrie said...

sorry i missed this last week. i have it ready to be posted this week

Blog Widget by LinkWithin