The Nut House has moved to a new url. Please update your bookmarks and links and come check us out!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It has been a busy week at The Nut House and I am ready for it to end. It has been a good busy, still getting things done and still moving forward.

I am trying to bury my frustration today and really digging deep to focus on the good things, which is really why I started Thankful Thursday. I really try not to complain about my husbands employer too much especially here. I always have this fear that some how some one will see it and what if my husband looses his job. Really though, I can only take so much! Yet again my husband has not received a paycheck, it is 10 days late and almost time for the next paycheck. They STILL owe him expense money from LAST year and we have no idea when we will see any of this money. I am so sick of all of the excuses coming from the company he works for. I am sick of having to borrow money for the mortgage and for our addition and I am embarrassed at our inability to come up with the money we SHOULD have in our bank account. I worry that eventually my husband will loose his job because his employer can't seem to find the money to pay him. They send him hours and hours away to work, half the time I don't even know where he is. We can't afford for him to spend all that gas money to go to work and then not get paid. So he is home today. He is working on the addition. We have plenty to do that doesn't require spending any money for a good month or so.

Anyways, situations like this is why I started Thankful Thursday. To leave all of that crap behind, turn around and look at my family and smile at what I have. So here it is.

I had 3 of the oldest Nuts at the Dentist this week and not one of them has a cavity! Yippie Skippie! I am Thankful for healthy teeth.

Wee Nut had his last 2 Synergist shots for the RSV season, I am Thankful that he is protected from RSV.

My husband is home to work on the addition, help out with the kids and be here for me as I have a meltdown followed by a nervous breakdown. I am Thankful for his presence.

My Little Nut Nut is completely potty trained and has been wearing under ware all day at home and at preschool. I am so Thankful that I don't have to buy Pull Ups any more, well just for night time... and he has been waking up dry!

Wee Nut is learning how to talk and is finding dozens of new words every day. I am so Thankful for his smiling face and sweet voice.

She Nut is out growing so many clothes all of a sudden. I am so Thankful that I can now get rid of those clothes that are too small to make room for clothes that now fit her.

I am beyond Thankful to my local BFF who comes over bright and early to hand out with my kids so that I can drop E Nut and twice a week, Little Nut Nut off at school. It is such a blessing to have her help and makes my mornings so much easier.

Hot Tea, chocolate, good friends in real life and online, Nutella, and surprise visits with pizza and wings from Grandma Nut are a few more things I am Thankful for.

As always, I am Thankful for my happy, healthy, wild little beasties that run around my house all day long driving me crazy, I am Thankful that my husband has a job, we have a roof over our heads and for our wonderfully supportive group of friends and family and all the ways they help us.




So what are you Thankful for today? It is so easy to join in and tell everyone.

Here is how Thankful Thursdays works:

1. Post your Thankful Thoughts on your blog. Somewhere in your post please mention Welcome to the Nut House and http://ourhappynuthouse.blogspot.com/ so that your friends, family and visitors know where to find other Thankful Thoughts. You can also grab my Thankful Thursdays banner and link to that. Once you have done that you can come back here and add your post to MckLinky.

Not every one has a blog, so:

2. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a Thankful Thoughts comment in the comment section.

3. You can show your Thankful Thoughts any way you like, as a list, as a story, as one word, one sentence or just a picture.

Have fun!



4 comments:

Heather said...

I love your post - love the fact that you are choosing to be thankful, "Even Though". What a great reminder; I needed that today!

RHONDA said...

Lisa,
Thank so much for the prayers for Zeb and for me. I don't have a button for Zeb. I am not sure how to make one. Stef has one on her page she made for Cardiac kids, it is adorable,I don't know if you can grab it or not. I appreciate that. I will have to see about making a button.

Thanks so much, Heart Hugs
Rhonda

RHONDA said...

noW you can grab Zeb's button...

Rhonda

Kate said...

I love how you CHOOSE to focus on your blessings, hard as it may be at times. You certainly listed lots of great things to be thankful for and they made me smile.

I will be in prayer about your husband's work situation. That's a tough situation to be in for sure.

Love,
Kate

Blog Widget by LinkWithin