The Nut House has moved to a new url. Please update your bookmarks and links and come check us out!


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week I am Thankful for the simple things in life.

Things like smiling and squealing children running around the yard on a cool autumn afternoon.

Things like orange and pink sun sets and streaks of colorful clouds.

Things like cinnamon in my coffee and nuts in my ice cream.

Things like my DVR so I can go back and rewind NCIS after putting the Little Nuts into bed.

Things like the first loose tooth and the anticipation of the first visit from the Tooth Fairy.

As always, I am Thankful for my happy, healthy, wild little beasties that run around my house all day long driving me crazy, I am Thankful that we have a roof over our heads and for our wonderfully supportive group of friends and family and all the ways they help us.




So what are you Thankful for today? It is so easy to join in and tell everyone.

Here is how Thankful Thursdays works:

1. Post your Thankful Thoughts on your blog. Somewhere in your post please mention Welcome to the Nut House and http://ourhappynuthouse.blogspot.com/ so that your friends, family and visitors know where to find other Thankful Thoughts. You can also grab my Thankful Thursdays banner and link to that. Once you have done that you can come back here and add your post to MckLinky.

Not every one has a blog, so:

2. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a Thankful Thoughts comment in the comment section.

3. You can show your Thankful Thoughts any way you like, as a list, as a story, as one word, one sentence or just a picture.

Have fun!



9 comments:

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Well, today I am finding it hard to feel thankful for anything. I am sitting here with a sinus headache, feeling like I got run over by a truck, and just had to let my youngest CIO. I hate that normally anyhow, but he's started fighting naps (he's too social - NO idea where he got THAT from!), so this is where we're at now. I know it works, but on days like today, I just want to cry.

But I guess if I had to be thankful for anything, it's for the sleep I hope to get tonight, the dinner my hubby will be bringing home (b/c I am not cooking tonight), and the fact that I hope my oldest is a superb listener for his mom who is not feeling well today!

Hopefully as the day goes on, I'll feel a little better which will let me see the things I am thankful for. But right now, my eyes are a bit cloudy! ;-(

Libbie said...

DVRs & children's squeals...I'm right there with you!

Brianne said...

My daughter can not wait to have a loose tooth! It seems like everyone she knows has one or has lost a tooth. I don't even want to think about it! Shes only 5! I thought you lost teeth a little older. I guess I thought wrong!

MannMom3 said...

I am thankful for getting to have lunch today with my daughter on her birthday and for her being super excited about me coming to her school..wonder how long that will last for..:-P

I'm thankful for my kiddos and my amazing Hus..

I'm thankful that I'm going away this weekend with the Fam for a little birthday getaway..

I love your Thankful Thursdays Lisa!

Keely

Laura said...

Simple things are the best! And the first tooth fairy visit...how exciting!!
Happy Thursday!

Pennie said...

I am so thankful for my family. I have a great husband and wonderful children...many moms of teenagers can't say that, but I can. I am thankful for that.

Taking Heart said...

I am thankful for bedtime today, on this cold wet and rainy fall day. I am thankful for three sleeping angels... tuckered out from a very long day.

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Hope's Blog said...

I am thankful for so many wonderful blogs that I get to visit every day.

I also awarded you the HeartFelt Blogger Award, because no matter how bad my day, you always find a way to brighten it.

Cascia said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for! I love my DVR too. I don't know what I would do without it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin