The Nut House has moved to a new url. Please update your bookmarks and links and come check us out!


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week has been full of ups and downs. I had a hard time being Thankful today, but I am pulling myself together and looking at the light at the end of the tunnel and not the muck on the bottom of my shoes that has been holding me down.

On a sad note, our community lost a sweet man last week. Mike B. was a Cub Scout Den leader and good father to his young sons and husband to his wife. He was an excellent roll model to all of the Cub Scouts in Pack 44. It was a pleasure to share the sidelines with him and watch our children at the YMCA play soccer, T-Ball, basketball and swim in the pool. He was one of the happiest and most joyful men to be around that have ever met. I am Thankful beyond words that I had the honor and pleasure to know him for the few short years that I did. Mike, you will be missed.

I am Thankful for the card that my Wing Nut made for me yesterday, it brightened my week.

I am Thankful for the sticky, smiling faces of my children as they eat homemade ice cream.

I am Thankful for unlimited minutes on my cell phone and the uplifting conversations that I had today with my mother and my mother-in-law and the help from both of them and my father today.

And boy oh boy am I Thankful for Zoloft this week. There were were several times when I don't think I could have made it though the day without a blanket and a dark corner to hide in.

I am Thankful for my sleeping baby girl who is curled up on my lap, making cute sleepy noises :)

I am Thankful that I have such a great husband to stand beside me and who is such a great father to our children.

I would like to say that I am Thankful that my husband has a job, but right now we don't really know what is happening from one day to the next. I am looking at his job uncertainty as a stepping stone to something better.

But, as always, I am Thankful for my happy, healthy, wild little beasties that run around my house all day long driving me crazy, I am Thankful that we have a roof over our heads and for our wonderfully supportive group of friends and family and all the ways they help us.




So what are you Thankful for today? It is so easy to join in and tell everyone.

Here is how Thankful Thursdays works:

1. Post your Thankful Thoughts on your blog. Somewhere in your post please mention Welcome to the Nut House and http://ourhappynuthouse.blogspot.com/ so that your friends, family and visitors know where to find other Thankful Thoughts. You can also grab my Thankful Thursdays banner and link to that. Once you have done that you can come back here and add your post to MckLinky.

Not every one has a blog, so:

2. If you don't have a blog, you can leave a Thankful Thoughts comment in the comment section.

3. You can show your Thankful Thoughts any way you like, as a list, as a story, as one word, one sentence or just a picture.

Have fun!



3 comments:

Brianne said...

I hear ya, its a hard week to think thanful thoughts! But I like what you said about your husbands job uncertainty and that you see it as a stepping stone to something better. I am going to try and think like!

Tyler said...

Hoping and Praying your week lightens up for you! Hang in there girl

Brianne said...

I have an award for you!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin