Let's Say Thanks makes sending a postcard simple, just follow these steps and in a few short minutes your Thank You is on its way to a soldier.
1. Go to the Let's Say Thanks website at http://www.letssaythanks.com.
2. Follow the link that says "view all designs".
3. Scroll through the page until you find a postcard that you like.
4. Click on the link that says "send this card".
5. The next page has several fields to fill out. They will ask for your name, city and state. There are several messages already created for you to choose from. You can select one of those messages or click on other.
6. If you choose a message from the list, click on the "submit" button and you will get a confirmation that your card will be sent.
7. If you choose the "Other" option and then click "submit" another field pops up and you can create your own message. Don't forget it is a small postcard, so you will need to keep your message short.
8. Click on the "submit" button and you will get a confirmation that your card will be sent.
9. You are welcome to send as many cards as you wish everyday. The site recommends choosing a different card every time to get a good variety of designs that are sent out.
10. Bookmark this site and send another card tomorrow, it only takes a few minutes, and means the world to a soldier.
11. Look around the site to see messages from soldiers, photos, news about Let's Say Thanks and their other partners.
12. Tell your friends.
Sending a Soldier a post card is not only a wonderful surprise for them, but it lets them know that they are not forgotten, that America is thinking about them. The Let’s Say Thanks website is easy enough to use that young children can help pick out which cards to send and which message to choose. And it is a great way to spend time with the kids while teaching them about volunteer work. Let's Say Thanks sends post cards out all year long, but as the Holidays get closer, we spend more and more time doing this every week. I sit down with one of the little Nuts at a time and they each pick out 5-10 cards and the message they want to send. They love knowing that they just sent mail and that it is going to be sent out across the world.
Take a quick moment to say Thank You to Our Troops.