The Nut House has moved to a new url. Please update your bookmarks and links and come check us out!


Sunday, September 13, 2009

Vote to See Congenital Heart Defects on The Doctors

I would love to see an episode of The Doctors devoted to Congenital Heart Defects. I have also added a link to my sidebar to vote, but I thought I would add a quick post as well.

Congenital Heart Defects affect about 1 in 100 babies, making it the most common birth defect. This also makes Heart Defects the number one cause of birth defect related deaths in infants and newborns. Yet CHD's are not nearly as known about as other birth defects. Until my Wee Nut was diagnosed with a Heart Defect after birth, I had no idea that the occurrence of CHD's was so high.

Please take a minute to Vote for an episode of The Drs devoted to Congenital Heart Defects!



3 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

Hello, saw you visited my blog and wanted to check yours out as well. My sister lives up your way :) I am always interested in hearing the stories of other heart moms and babies, I myself have a CHD as do two of my girls, although neither so far has been severe or needing surgery (oldest daughter also has food allergies and epilepsy)...we are watching the baby to see her outcome as she grows. I think mom's of kids with health issues have a unique take on parenting, thanks for visiting and I plan to add you to my blog rounds!

Mama Plays Mozart said...

Wow I had no idea how common heart defects are. I definitely think this should be on an episode of the doctors.

Lisa Curcio said...

Thank you Mama Plays Mozart. I had no idea either, and now that I know more about it, I am shocked that everyone doesn't know more about Heart Defects.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin