The Nut House has moved to a new url. Please update your bookmarks and links and come check us out!


Friday, August 8, 2008

Moving forward with Owain's next surgery

I think I feel OK about this. I knew it was coming so I have been trying to prepare myself. Of course I am sad, I am worried, I am scared, but I am OK with it. It has to be done. At least I am TRYING to be OK with this.

We had an appointment with his cardiologist the other day and they think his O2 sats are low enough and he is big enough to start moving forward.

Friday they are going to be doing the catheter procedure. They will go in through an artery, probably in his neck and look around at his heart to see how much his arteries have grown and basically see how his heart is doing over all.

I thought that they were going to schedule his surgery based on what they found during the cath procedure, but they called this morning and we have the surgery scheduled for September 3rd.

I don't know the exact times that everything is scheduled, they sent out a package by FedEx that I should get tomorrow with all the times and everything else I need to know. I do know that they would like to get him in first thing on Friday morning for the cath procedure so that he can recover from the anesthesia and then come home Friday afternoon or evening. He will be in the hospital for about a week after the open heart surgery in September.

I know I have been a big slacker with the pictures, so I have a little bit of every one here for ya.



Wee Nut, Just last week.



Avery's second birthday
Little Nut Nut on his 2nd Birthday!



EJ loves his XBox Lego StarWars!
E Nut loves his video games!



Emil's 7th birthday
Wing Nut on his 7th birthday!



5 comments:

Lisa Curcio said...

ladybored wrote:
Aug. 9th, 2008 04:44 am (UTC)

Bless his heart. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all.

Lisa Curcio said...

rosegardenfae wrote:
Aug. 10th, 2008 04:12 pm (UTC)

They are certainly a gorgeous bunch of boys you've got there..prayers of strength and healing for Owain's surgery headed your way!!

You might interested in reading "Sean's Story", son of a friend of mine of just sucesfully had his final surgery at the age of 13,
http://www.seanmasters13.com/Welcome.html

Lisa Curcio said...

Aug. 22nd, 2008 02:26 pm (UTC)
Thanks for this, I have been checking back every few days to look for more of his story.

Lisa Curcio said...

rosegardenfae wrote:
Aug. 22nd, 2008 09:07 pm (UTC)

He is at home and doing well well, still a bit hoarse from the ventilator, but on his way to recovery!!

Lisa Curcio said...

Aug. 22nd, 2008 09:20 pm (UTC)

I am glad that he is home!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin