The Nut House has moved to a new url. Please update your bookmarks and links and come check us out!


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Owain's Update


Owain, just a few minutes after his birth.

I am thankful to be able to say that we have some good news today. Yesterday was a good day for Owain, he was stable all day with very few scary moments. Over Monday night he blew out all his IVs in his hands & feet, so they added a centeral line for everything. It was frustrating because they had just started when we got there & we had to wait for hours to see him. But this is good since he is one step closer to surgery.

The issue with his intestines started to clear up yesterday! That is the one thing that was really holding him back from getting surgery.

The whole team working on his case is meeting this morning at 10 & we will then get all the details of exactly what is going on. It looks like we will be able to schedule his surgery for later this week.

I need to correct myself, yesterday I said that it was chronic heart disease when actually his official diganosis is Congenital Heart Defect. There is has just been so much information coming & going from dozens of doctors I got a bit confused.

So Owain has a Congenital Heart Defect. Of course I have spent a fair amount of time beating myself up, thinking that it was something I did, when I know that I did nothing wrong. Every one keeps telling me that there is nothing that could have prevented this, that I did everything right. It is just so hard sometimes to believe that when it was my job to keep him safe & healthy. The doctors have clearly said many times that things like this just happen & that everything will be OK. I am doing everything I can to believe that.

I want to thank every one for their calls & support! I am sorry if I can't call you back right now, please know that I have been getting your messages & call any time. We are not allowed to even have our cell phones on when we are in the PICU, but I have listened to your messages.

I wish I had more time to update, but we have to go now.

I love you all!



9 comments:

Lisa Curcio said...

roannachan wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 01:23 pm (UTC)

Hey Lisa, it's Liz, from EAST. I'll be thinking of Owain and your family and sending love and light your way!

Lisa Curcio said...

rosegardenfae wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 01:58 pm (UTC)

Dear Lisa,

Owain, you, and your family are much in my thoughts and prayers. I just know everything will be OK... and he will grow to be a strong fine man. Sending love and healing energies your way.

Rose from EAST

Lisa Curcio said...

(Anonymous) wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 03:46 pm (UTC)

Lisa, it's Luminosities from EAST. Your family are in my thoughts and I'm sending healing vibes to Owain.

There are lots of comments you may not have seen on the daily thread on Etsy. We're all holding you and Owain up with love.

Lisa Curcio said...

frozensun wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 04:21 pm (UTC)

You all are in our thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

Tara from EAST

Lisa Curcio said...

luckylibra wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 04:47 pm (UTC)

*huggles muchly* we are keeping a candle lit for you and fam at my place hun, you are never far from thought. Stay strong, don't forget to rest and eat - he needs you to! *smoooooch*

Lisa Curcio said...

(Anonymous) wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 05:18 pm (UTC)

Thinking of you and your family
I'm glad to hear that Owain is getting all the medical expertise possible, and sending out my love and most positive, healing thoughts to him and your family. Stay strong and try to get some rest.

Stephanie
aka Sea Sprite

Lisa Curcio said...

(Anonymous) wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 05:40 pm (UTC)

sending energy, love and healing

We're all thinking of you, hubby, Owain and your 3 wonderful sons - /sending lots of energy and healing

Thanks for taking the time to update us - we were (and are) worried.

Was glad to read that SOME improvement / stabilization is occurring....

Steph2 AKA SilverUnderBerry AKA BrighidsForge (BF)

Lisa Curcio said...

(Anonymous) wrote:
May. 7th, 2008 05:58 pm (UTC)

I am so sorry to hear about this, but at least he is getting the treatment he needs. I will be holding both of you in my thoughts.

Lisa Curcio said...

(Anonymous) wrote:
May. 8th, 2008 03:24 am (UTC)

Love and Prayers

Hi guys, know that we love all of you and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Paloma & Jose

Blog Widget by LinkWithin